Etika Publikasi J-TIFA
Journal of Informatics Engineering (J-Tifa) is one of the journals managed by the Informatics Engineering Study Program, Muhammadiyah University of North Maluku which was published for the first time in September 2018 with two publications a year, namely periodically every March and September. This statement of ethical publication ethics is a statement of the code of ethics of all parties involved in the publication process of scientific journals, namely managers, editors, bestari partners, in writers.
Duties and Responsibilities of Journal Managers
- Determine the name of the journal, scientific scope, scale, and accreditation if needed.
- Defines the relationship between publishers, editors, peer partners, and other parties in a contract.
- Appreciate things that are confidential, whether for contributing researchers, authors / writers, editors, and bestari partners.
- Applying norms and provisions regarding intellectual property rights, especially copyright.
- Review journal policies and submit them to authors / writers, the editorial board, peer review, and readers.
- Generate behavioral code guides for editors and peer-reviewed partners.
- Publish a journal regularly.
- Ensuring the availability of sources of funds for the sustainability of journal publishing.
- Build cooperation and marketing networks.
- Prepare licensing and other legality aspects.
Editor's Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet the needs of readers and writers / writers.
- Strive to improve the quality of publications in a sustainable manner.
- Implement processes to ensure the quality of published papers.
- Prioritizing freedom of opinion in an objective manner.
- Maintain the integrity of the author's academic track record.
- Deliver corrections, clarifications, withdrawals, and apologies as needed.
- Responsible for the style and format of the written work, while the content and all statements in the written work are the responsibility of the author / writer.
- Actively soliciting the opinions of writers, readers, bestari partners, and members of the editorial board to improve the quality of publications.
- Encourage journal assessments if there are findings.
- Support the author's initiative on publication ethics by including a consent form with each submission.
- Assess the influence of published policies on the attitudes of authors / authors and peer-reviewed partners and correct them to increase responsibility and minimize errors.
- Having an open mind to new opinions or views of others that may conflict with personal opinions.
- Do not stand up for the opinion of yourself, the author or a third party that could lead to an objective decision.
- Encourage writers / writers to improve their written works so that they are suitable for publication.
Duties and Responsibilities of Bestari Partners
- Received an assignment from the editor to review the paper and submit the results of the review to the editor, as material to determine the feasibility of a paper for publication.
- Reviewers may not review written works that involve themselves, either directly or indirectly.
- Maintain the privacy of the author by not disseminating the results of corrections, suggestions, and recommendations by providing criticism, suggestions, input, and recommendations.
- Encourage writers / writers to make improvements to writing.
- Review papers that have been corrected according to predetermined standards.
- Written works are reviewed in a timely manner according to the published environment based on scientific principles (data collection methods, author legality, conclusions, etc.).
Author / Author Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring that those included in the list of authors / writers meet the criteria as writers / authors.
- That the journal manuscript submitted has fulfilled the plagiarism check with an index of similarity 20%
- Responsible together for the work and content of the article includes methods, analysis, calculations and details.
- State the origin of sources (including funding), either directly or indirectly.
- Describe the boundaries of the research.
- Respond to comments made by bestari partners in a professional and timely manner.
Notify the editor if he will be retracting his written job.
- State that the work submitted for publication is original, has not been published anywhere in any language, and is not in the process of being submitted to another publisher.